Suzelle has a new email coming out tomorrow, but here’s your chance to access it a bit early.
View the Summer Fun newsletter
Your Fitness Pro Travel Membership has benefits. Actually many benefits depending upon the membership type you decide on.
Whether your only intent is to take full advantage of the teaching vacation programs or to utilize the targeted promotional tools, or a combination of each… you’ve joined into the right fitness community.
Check the options out side by side now
New information via the newsletter just went out. If you want or need to refer back to it follow the link below. We’ll keep you updated and as a premium account VIP member, feel free to message here if you have any questions.
- -Summer sessions on sale for select dates and positions
- -Learn about Medical Fitness Network (MFN) and how it benefits wellness professionals
We’ve been consistently updating and adding several tweaks to the Fitness Pro Travel website (home of the fit pro network). Ideally, we’ve worked off of updates that make more intuitive your navigation and make for the best experience when taking part in a fitness vacation.
Most recently changed that is important to you:
- The MY ACCOUNT tab was changed to COMMUNITY. Currently the same content resides there, but community better describes the features of the page. The activity stream, links to connecting with others, and access to all your accounts functions that allow it to communicate to others can be found there. You still have access directly to the teaching vacation search functions as well.
- The TRAVEL SPOTS tab is now BOOK A TRIP. Again, the content remains but the tab better describes the intentions of this page. You can pick a resort by name to reach it’s details page, go page by page through every opportunity, click on all the main categories, or again access the search box if you like that route.
- The Basic Search box now gives you the option for seeking out your fitness or sport teaching vacation based on the ADULT or FAMILY type of resort you are seeking. The bringing kids vs. those bringing no kids seems to be a fundamental search feature many were looking for.
- Finally in this most recent bunch of front side changes are a few additions to the checkout process when you book a teaching vacation. Now during checkout you will be prompted to update your profile (very important to resort destinations) as well as designate who is coming with you and the bed arrangement you are looking for. This will make the Fit Bodies booking details tracking easier and reduce the number of emails we must pass with you after you book your trip… good for all of us.
More to come, but I want to be sure those of you who use the network are kept up to date directly with functional changes so you can continue to take full advantage of your many account benefits beyond the teaching vacation.
Noticed this tag line on the end of Denise Cox’s, VP for Fit Bodies, Inc., email signature. Reminded me of why I need to get my own trip scheduled again soon and that they’re too good not to share with you.
most favorite things about working as a fitness professional at a resort
1. Taking a run early in the morning on the beach
2. Having my egg white omelet made to perfection every morning
3. Exploring new and interesting places
4. Meeting people from all over the world
5. The opportunity to spread fitness to “newbies”.
6. Spending one on one time with my friends
7. Getting to decide which restaurant to have dinner
8. Seeing how far I can wade out in the crystal clear water and still see my toes
9. Finding a local restaurant to enjoy the exquisite fish caught the same morning
10. And my most favorite, drum roll please, . . . watching the sunset every evening, enjoying natures kaleidoscope of colors while being served my favorite beverage.
And, all of that without even a mention of the thousands of dollars you save on that all-inclusive vacation for you and your guest. That makes all the above even better.
I have always found short articles and quips from Thomas Plummer to be of value. He has a way of taking big issues within a fitness business and breaking them into understandable and manageable chunks. Following is a FaceBook post of his that is no different and worth a share and endorsement of Tom.
If you’re one who works with young athletes you’ve likely ran into a variety of abilities as well as influences which have shaped those abilities or lack there of. Often the first job for the trainer is combating or supporting those influences.
Under conditioned or over conditioned athletes each present different obstacles and challenges that the trainer must address.
The foundations of movement and core development are not always in place and yet often the athlete/client has ‘progressed’ beyond to more advanced or targeted programming.
Our job tends to be one of convincing our clients the things that they do least often or that they may even like the least are often exactly what they need for appropriate balanced training. It can be a tough sell sometimes as the path of least resistance is always easier to follow. Whether through education, encouragement or even with a dash of trickery you know adding a variety of elements are necessary to promote health and function.
What tactics do you use for encouraging and promoting these necessary elements to your clients, athlete or not?
For many years Fit Bodies has provided fitness and tennis professionals to the Hedonism resort in Negril Jamaica. As a matter of fact, that is where that company got its start.
After being out of the Fitness Pro Travel community for nearly a year, the resort is back with new ownership yet a familiar attitude.
As of just a few minutes ago dates have been opened for all Enterprise members. One of the many benefits of your membership is having first shot at new resort availability. Tomorrow Medallion members will be able to review and book dates followed by Travel members on Wednesday.
Welcome back Hedonism II
I’ve seen many posted to personal account albums as well as many shared to the resort albums for all to enjoy. I enjoy seeing the resorts and happy vacationing Fit Pros and so does the Fit Bodies staff… so much so they’re offering a prize to encourage even more.
Further details on the photo contest can be found HERE